The IAPSS General Assembly is the highest decision-making body of the International Association for Political Science Students (IAPSS) and sets the longterm outlines of the Association.
The 19th IAPSS General Assembly, taking place on the IAPSS Autumn Convention’s last day (October 24), will feature the discussion on and adoption of the annual budget of the Association, a short reporting session on the 1st half of the legislative period 2014-2015, a series of planning and strategy workships, the selection of the IAPSS Autumn Convention 2015 location and Organizing Committee as well as a comprehensive review of the IAPSS legal framework.
All members of IAPSS, both individuals and associations, are invited to join this both long and intense day of debate, discussion and planning whose end will be celebrated with a festive dinner.
Topic 0: Registration (09.00 – 09.30)
– Late-registration for GA, IAPSS Autumn Convention 2014 & IAPSS membership (Please note that all individuals and associations participating in the GA need to have completed their IAPSS membership in 2014 in order to be allowed to the GA. Membership must be completed as by the opening of the 19 th IAPSS General Assembly (09.30). We recommend to process your membership beforehand at www.iapss.org).
– Provision of digital GA documents to GA participants (on request only)
– IAPSS Secretary-General Thomas Linders & IAPSS Treasurer Reint-Jan Groot Nuelend available for Q&A
Topic 1: Opening of the 19th IAPSS General Assembly (09.30 – 10.00)
– Welcome speech and schedule overview by IAPSS President Philipp Aepler.
– Roll call on all present individual and association members.
– Proposal and vote on the acceptance of the Rules of Procedure of the GA.
– Nominations for and election of the board of the GA.
– Amendments (optional, Requests for amending the agenda of the GA shall be submitted till the opening of the GA to: email@example.com) to and vote on the final agenda of the 19th IAPSS General Assembly.
Topic 2: Reporting by IAPSS President, IAPSS Treasurer and IAPSS Supervisory Committee; with W&A after each report (10.00 – 11.15)
– Report by IAPSS President Philipp Aepler on the first half of the legislative mandate, finalization of relocation of IAPSS Headquarters from Ljubljana to Nijmegen and forecast on the second half of the legislative mandate.
– Report by IAPSS Treasurer Reint-Jan Groot Nuelend on the financial administration since the beginning of the financial year (January 1 st – September 15th, 2014).
– Report by IAPSS Supervisory Committee on the financial administration of the Association since the beginning of the financial year (January 1 st – September 15th, 2014).
– Vote on acceptance of the financial administration since the beginning of the financial year (January 1st – September 15th, 2014).
Coffee Break (11.15 – 11.30)
Topic 3: Proposals and Votes on IAPSS Budget for Financial Year 2015 (11.30 – 12.30)
– Presentation of:
GA2/EXCOM-P1: IAPSS Executive Committee proposal on the IAPSS budget for the financial year 2015.
GA2/EXCOM-P2: IAPSS Executive Committee proposal on the IAPSS membership fees in 2015.
GA2/EXCOM-P3: IAPSS Executive Committee proposal on the maximum of unbudgeted expenditures by ExCom in 2015.
– Presentation of proposals by IAPSS Supervisory Committee, individual and association memembers (if any).
– Discussion on and amendments (if any) to proposals of IAPSS Executive Committee (as listed under 1) and IAPSS Supervisory Committee, individual and association members (if any).
– Votes on acceptance of proposals as listed under 1 and 3.2, and corresponding amendments (if any).
Lunch & Get Together (12.30 – 13.30)
Topic 4: Reform of IAPSS Legal Framework, incl. Statute, Internal Regulations, Financial Regulations, Rules of Procedure (13.30 – 16.45)
– Amendments to the IAPSS Legal Framework (all documents) proposed by the IAPSS Executive Committee.
– Amendments to the IAPSS Legal Framework (all documents) proposed by the IAPSS Supervisory Committee, individual and association members (if any).
– Discussion, vote upon amendments and finalization of reformed IAPSS Legal Framework (Discussion on and votes upon amendments according to legal ranking of the respective documents (in the following order: IAPSS Statute, IAPSS Internal Regulations, IAPSS Financial Regulations, IAPSS Rules of Procedure)).
Coffee Break (16.45 – 17.00)
Topic 5: Planning & Strategy Workshops (17.00 – 18.00)
The annual portfolio of IAPSS requires regular input by individual and association members in order to adapt and improve activities, projects and services to the interests of the members of the Assocation. Planning and strategy workshops ensure a participatory planning and strategy formulation process, later consecutively realized by the IAPSS Executive Committee. The three proposed workshops focus on three major topics of special relevance for the second half of the current and the following legislative period. Working groups, each led by two to three experienced members of the IAPSS Executive Committee, shall execute intensive brain- storming, conceptualize new formats, improvements and measures to be implemented and realized by the IAPSS Executive Committee afterwards.
– Workshop 1: “Program Features of the IAPSS Autumn Convention 2015: Designing a Conference by Students for Students” (led by Ksenija Martinovic, Head of IAPSS Congress Management, Jannick Burggraaff, Head of IAPSS Events Department and Philipp Aepler, IAPSS President)
– Workshop 2: “IAPSS Annual Theme in 2016: Central Academic Outline of IAPSS Conferences, Events and Publications in 2016” (led by Alexandru Volacu, Head of IAPSS Academic Department and Reint-Jan Groot Nuelend, IAPSS Treasurer)
– Workshop 3: “Getting Familiar and Involved with IAPSS Research Committees: Organizing Student-led Research on a Professional Level” (led by Thomas Linders, IAPSS Secretary-General and Peyman Vitone, IAPSS Delegations Coordinator)
Topic 6: Presentation of Host City and Outline of IAPSS Autumn Convention 2015 (18.30 – 18.45)
– 6.1 Presentation of host city, outline and general program features of IAPSS Autumn Convention 2015 by IAPSS Executive Committee, followed by a brief Q&A.
Topic 7: Closing Ceremony of the 19th IAPSS General Assembly (18.45 – 19.00)
– Organizational remarks by the GA board and IAPSS President Philipp Aepler
– Vote upon the closure of the 19th IAPSS General Assembly
GA Farewell Dinner & Get Together (19.00 – open end)